we ended up in the cemetery! I don't know how to say cemetery in Spanish but it's definitely not Castillo Arabe like the sign said! We entered the doorway and stumbled upon those paying respects to their departed loved ones. I don't think anyone is buried in the ground. There are these:
![]() |
| The little pitched roof one is interesting. There were only two of those. |
The next type are this kind. The majority of graves are like this.

And there are a handful of these types of graves. I think they are gorgeous!
Here's a look inside my favorite one. It's simple and very beautiful. The tiles on the floor have various animals hopping around. Bunnies, cows, deer. This grave is a very happy one. On the outside it states the family's belief that while here on Earth, God is in them and they are in God and they live through each other. After they leave Earth, they will continue to live in this way.
![]() |
| I couldn't get a better shot. The metal bars were in the way. |
Here are some pics of us running around town or other things we thought you might like to see.
Next, some cute old ladies helping each other down the hill and a puppy hanging out!
![]() |
| It's very common to see at least one dog each day sitting on the sidewalk or by it's master's door or walking around. Don't worry, they know to move when a vehicle is coming! |
Here we are, on a cliff face that has a safety wall. I'm enjoying the sky. J is thinking.
Lastly, here I am enjoying some Spanish chocolate on the walk home. :)














the chocolate looks delicious!!!
ReplyDelete