Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Birthday Fun Pt. 2

Today, we just walked around Paris and did some sight seeing. All the lights are beautiful at this time of year! 

We came across this beautiful fountain!



We also saw some cool lights:

Happy Holidays from Notre Dame! We saw that Notre Dame was open so we decided to go in for a look!


 A service was going on but it was also open for tourism as long as you stayed really quiet so you didn't disturb the ceremony.


 This was the only good shot I got of the nativity and surrounding area. This isn't the nativity but the kings/ wise men making the trek to see Jesus. The nativity was to the right of this and was very realistic looking. It was on a hillside and surrounded by beautiful flowers. I really wish that picture had come out. It was beyond gorgeous. The whole area was about 20 feet long and 5 feet wide. These figurines were about a foot tall. 


Here are some votives. Besides the nativity, I really, really liked that they had a hope box or love box or peace box. Something like that. I forgot what they called it. It was a 3D cube made of plexiglass with a slot in the top. The cube was almost as tall as me and filled halfway with papers! There were pencils, pens and paper for you to write words of love, peace, joy, etc. on. People were writing things like "I wish happiness for the world." "I wish peace for our nations." "Love will be with everyone." "The upcoming year will bring more people together in unity for good.", etc. etc. There were many languages including English, Spanish and French. It was incredibly moving to see people lining up to send these good thoughts up and out into the world. 


After I wrote my words we headed out. We passed this nice house. I tried to get good pictures of it because it was so pretty on the inside! I really like these rounded corner houses. I know you can't see what I could see. The camera didn't grab the shots like I wanted but at least you can admire the architecture :)



We saw this on the street around the corner from our place. We pass over this spot almost every day and we hadn't seen it until today! It says "Joyeux Anniversaire" which means Happy Birthday :D Neat, huh? Coincidence? I think not!

That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment