Well, this will be a quick one. I'll post another post, hopefully later on today. I'm busy but decided to do this before I forget yet again! Here's a list of some Spanish words that don't mean the same things they do back home!
At home the following words are familiar:
Salsa= hot sauce
Jugo= juice
Carta= card
Tortilla= flat, delicous stuff made of flour
Tacos= tortillas, hard or soft, filled with amazing food(usually topped with salsa! :P)
Flauta= fried tortilla, rolled and filled with meat
Cafe= where you get coffee, muffins.
In Olvera, these words all have new meanings!
Salsa=Sofrito
Zumo=Juice
Carta=menu (this might mean the same thing back home, but I thought I'd heard menu(imagine saying it like meh-new) as the word for menu in Spanish.)
Tortilla=Omelette
Tacos=Chunks of something
Flauta= Burrito
Cafeteria= coffee house!
Weird, huh! Imagine our surprise when we went to the cafeteria and tried to order food, only to be told that they only serve coffee!!! :D
That's all for now! I'll try to be back soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment