Seeing these in person was really neat. I learned about them in class but to see them up close was a great opportunity! Some of them are small, like the drawings and others are very large, like the paintings! The portrait drawing was about 6 - 8 inches tall. There was a painting that I couldn't get a picture of that was the size of a door to a house!
After the museum we went to go see Cirque du Soleil! It ended up being a show we already saw but it was pretty neat getting to see it in Paris. Cirque kind of has it's own island out here! We sat incredibly close to the stage. At one point, a performer was sitting on the stairs next to me waiting for his cue. Luckily, it was dark and he was waiting to undo some rigging after the performance on stage was over! No spotlights next to me!! There's no photography once the show starts, so all I have are two pictures.
The first picture is of the thick plastic sidewalk they put together for us because it was raining. The sidewalk is normally sand and dirt. That's no fun to walk through after/during the rain! I thought this was a very considerate idea on someone's part!
The next picture is of the stage before the show. I really liked the chandelier! In front of us, the stage is two rows away. To the left of us, it was two chairs away! I've never been so close to a performance before.
After this, we called it a night. I'd say the day was pretty enjoyable! :D








No comments:
Post a Comment