Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ice Skating & Burgers

At the grocery store there are lots of salads. Tuna, chicken, potato. This is what chicken salads look like here. Sliced eggs, shredded carrots, baby onions and extra spices.

After grocery shopping, we went ice skating!

The seals are for tiny tots to sit on while someone else pushes them across the ice! Half the time they are used for this purpose. The rest of the time, they are just used as fun toys! There are also some upright penguins that are used as ice scooters. They are pretty cool. Similar to those razor scooters kids ride around on the streets.


Here are some examples of family bikes here. This one has a seat in the front and back. I like that the front seat has a windshield for the toddler. The foot holsters are nice too!

This is also fairly common. Up to 4 kids can sit in these front wagon things. I really like that they are convertible for rainy weather or sunny weather. This one is ready for the rain.

We find it interesting that all of the beverages we have ordered so far come in glass containers.

This is the way our apple juice was delivered. Very festive!

We ordered some burgers. J got goat cheese, caramelized apple with sweet sauce and I ordered pumpkin squash, portobello and gorgonzola. As anyone can see, from this post especially, but from previous food posts as well, there is plenty of wonderfully delicious food for vegetarians! (In case you didn't know, I am vegetarian. J isn't.)  We thought so highly of the burgers that we left them a beautiful picture saying they were the best!

Getting  picture of the cow artwork.


Saw this on the way home and couldn't pass without taking a picture for you guys. I can't get enough of the canals!

No comments:

Post a Comment