Monday, December 26, 2011

Haircut day!!

I found a salon owned by a lady from California. She also happens to be great at doing hair! I made my appointment with her and couldn't wait to go! J did some sightseeing while I had the best haircut experience of my life. Whoo hoo ;)


These are from the sightseeing. I think this was inside the mall somewhere.




Some time spent at the cafe:

Note that there are quite a few ingredients compared to back home.



A nice outside shot.


The salon was VERY hard to find. I found the address where it was supposed to be, only to be facing the the outside of a shopping mall!  The salon was inside a mall and, not only that, but up a not-so-noticeable-staircase. After going up the stairs it seemed that I was into residential/hotel room areas. I went back down and had to ask for directions. I was going the right way, they said. 
I went back up the stairs, feeling that there was a mistake because when I looked to my left, there was a tiny room(about the size of a closet) that said it was for mailing and to my right there was a door that said gynocology. There was a lady inside the mailing room and she told me that I was going the right way, just to head through the gynocologist's office door and I'd see the salon. I thought that was a weird location for a salon, but I did as she said. After I went through the door, I saw that it simply lead to a hallway where I could then choose to go straight into the doctors office or go right to the salon. I was about 20 minutes late but it didn't matter. My haircut lady was late too! :D


As I'm writing this, I realize that the pictures I took of the interior of the salon have been lost :( It was beautiful! An excellent mix of ornate, old architecture with modern touches. This is the website for the salon: http://polishedhaircare.blogspot.com/p/profile.html This is a picture of the salon: https://picasaweb.google.com/112059210432352396481/Slide02#5502989235561841794
Let me tell you about the salon experience I had!


First off, the music playing was relaxing but not typical salon/massage type music. It was more like soul music! Maybe it was soul, I really have no idea. Before my hairdresser arrived(Nicole, the owner) I was treated to a shampoo and conditioner in a massaging chair! The chairs massage your back. It was great! Then, I got a head massage and oil brushed into my hair, from roots to tips. I was placed under the heat machine thing(can't believe I forgot the name!). Afterwards, I got another wash and condition in the massage chair. Next, I got my head brushed. I don't really know what it's called but the salon person takes two brushes and strokes your scalp vigorously with one brush, then the other, in a clockwise motion, all around your scalp and head. That was the most amazing part of the whole thing!(Besides my haircut :D) Afterwards, my head tingled and I felt rejuvinated. Pretty neat! 


I was sad because I wasn't able to print my picture out of the haircut I wanted. I looked down at the various haircut/hairstyle magazines/books and right off the bat, I knew my haircut picture was in the first one. I picked it up, and sure enough, near the back, was the exact picture I tried printing out before! YAY!!! Then, Nicole arrived and cut my hair! Pictures are below, in different outfits, doing my hair in different ways :) I went for an asymmetrical cut. The right side of my head has shorter hair than the left side. My bangs also curve around my right eyebrow and then slant across my face, getting longer. I can't ever get them to work the way Nicole did but you can kind of see what I'm talking about in the second picture.


No hair straightener.


I can't say enough wonderful things about Nicole! She is nice and cool, talented. Her salon is awesome and her staff know what they are doing! I will definitely see her again, next time I'm in Paris, no matter how far down the line that may be! :D TOTALLY worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment